How to Make the Best French T0ast
| French toast is super easy to make. Basically, you whisk up a little liquid mixture, dip bread in it, cook the bread, smother it with syrup. There are definitely 1000 and 1 ways to enhance and make the recipe more complicated and possibly more delicious. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the patience or the energy for projects like that in the morning. When I’m craving something sweet in the morning, I whip up this strawberry French toast. I can have it done in twenty minutes flat and I’m happy with that.
How to make quick and Simple French T0ast
One very genius trick I have to share with you is to simply lay out your slices of bread on a half sheet tray and pour the egg mixture over the top. Flip each slice over (or don’t it will still work ok) and you are done! If you have a large griddle you can then quickly cook them all at once. I have only a small 6 inch pan, but this still saves me a little time dipping each individually, plus the clean up of all the splatters and drips this causes.
Easy Strawberry French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 slices brioche bread
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 2 Tbsp sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, toss strawberries with lemon juice and remaining Tbsp sugar. Set aside.
- Put the slices of brioche on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the egg mixture over the top. Turn over each slice of bread so both sides are evenly coated.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium low heat. Add bread once slice at a time, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup and strawberries.